Sunday 14 February 2010

The Fraudster's Parliament- 23

As promised (although rather late!), I have had a chance to have a look at the Legg Report witth special reference to the those on the committee responsible for its publication. I was able to find the references to any overpayments or repayments by these people....... with the exception of Harriet Harman, the Leader of the House! Perhaps, this is because her position as Leader of the House means she does not get any expenses! I shall enquire of the committee.

I searched the list of MPs several times but couldn't find any listing for Harriet Harman! Is she known by some other name? If you can help with the information, please let me know.(PLEASE SEE THE UPDATE BELOW!)

This is what I found;-

Rt Hon John Bercow MP, Speaker


'Mr Speaker was overpaid by £978.51 for mortgage interest in 2008-09.


Total repayment recommended: £978.51


Total repayments received since 1 April 2009: £978.51


Balance recommended to be repaid: £0.00'



Sir Stuart Bell MP

'Rt Hon Sir Stuart Bell MP


Middlesbrough


Sir Stuart has no issues.'


Rt Hon Harriet Harman MP, Leader of the House

(My note: I could find no listing but I will re-check)

(UPDATE: 16th February 2010 - I received this clarification from the Information Office at the House of Commons;-

'As an inner London MP, Ms Harman was not eligible to claim for ACA and so would not have featured in the review of ACA allowances by Sir Thomas Legg.')




Nick Harvey MP

'Mr Nicholas Harvey MP


North Devon


Mr Harvey has no issues.'



Rt Hon David Maclean MP

'Rt Hon David MacLean MP


Penrith & The Border


Mr MacLean has no issues.'


Rt Hon Sir George Young MP, Shadow Leader of the House

'Rt Hon Sir George Young Bt MP

North West Hampshire


Sir George was overpaid by a total of £104.48 for electricity costs for the period


April 2005 to September 2005.


Total repayment recommended: £769.50


Reduced on appeal by:£769.50'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment on the contents on this blog!.... or feel free to comment on the comments of this blog! I will try to answer as many as I can!