Sunday 13 December 2009

MPs' Expenses!

It all started with the disclosures surrounding the Conway case in the UK House of Commons. I was a taxpaying citizen UK voter who thought..." What a disgrace! This guy has to go to gaol! He must have broken the law!..... He's for it!" As I tut-tutted I waited for the full wrath of the members in the House of Commons to fall on him! There followed a few parliamentary mutterings..... and comparative silence!

Of course, at that time I did not realise (nor did any other UK citizen!) just how widespread were the fraudulent practices undertaken by members of the self styled 'Mother of Parliaments' and how effectively those privvy to the system had managed to conceal the full extent of their misdeeds. At that time I would have scored my concern as a 1 on a scale from 0 to 10-- a mild concern that this individual has trangressed but witth absolute certainty that the matter would be dealt with immediately by the authorities!...... How innocent (or stupid, if you like!) was I!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment on the contents on this blog!.... or feel free to comment on the comments of this blog! I will try to answer as many as I can!